Monday, March 23, 2015

A Little Spring Planting


We've been having very nice temperatures here in eastern Oregon (and by saying that, I apologize to the rest of the country that's been bombarded with snow). I couldn't stand it anymore. I NEEDED to get something planted outside. Before I could plant anything, I had to do a little clean-up.

Which included transplanting some strawberry and raspberry starts that had gravitated into the garden.



Now, I'll have some starts to move to the new area I want to develop for berries. I also did a bit of raspberry pruning, weeding and raking. Then, I dug out my seeds and planted some snow peas, spinach, lettuce, Swiss chard, radishes and beets. The soil felt pretty warm (for this early in the year), obviously not warm enough for summer vegetables, but we'll see how the cool season stuff does.....

A couple of weeks ago, I planted some radishes, beets, garden cress, parsley and lettuce in my little cold frame and they seem to be doing well.




For everyone who is still looking at snow (I SO sympathize with you, snow is fun to a point and then it needs to STOP) and just need to see signs of Spring.....I took some photos of what I have blooming for you ( I swear these blooms are AT LEAST a month ahead of schedule).

Dutch Irises....

Daffodils.....

Violas.....

Buttercups.....

I hope that helps anyone who is tired of looking at white. Spring will be here. Soon.

Happy Spring!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...