Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A Festive Holiday Stocking Cap


It's OFFICIALLY Christmas tree selling season. I know. I know. Thanksgiving isn't even here yet. Still, I received Christmas trees at work on Monday. I've been wanting to make a festive holiday hat to wear while selling Christmas trees for a while now. I decided THIS was the year!

Originally my plan was to knit a red & white striped stocking cap. Sort of like a candy cane. I knew I'd get bored with that. So, I thought wouldn't it be fun to just knit colorwork charts randomly. It was SO much fun to knit!

I began with this Old Fashioned Stocking Hats pattern. Although, I only cast-on 90 sts. After knitting the ribbing, I just started knitting.....choosing chart patterns as I went. I really like how it turned out. If you need a fun, festive knit during the holidays......you might think about a stocking hat!

Happy Knitting!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...