Sunday, November 23, 2014

Dress Up Some Spirits


Thanksgiving is almost here. THEN. Right behind it.....Christmas! If you're like me, you know you're going to need some hostess/host gifts. Just a little something for the person who's hosting Thanksgiving or one of the many Christmas get-togethers.

A bottle of wine or spirits is always a welcome gift. BUT. Let's dress them up a little. Give them a bit of  a hand-made feel. Here's a few ideas.....


Who wouldn't LOVE their bottle of spirits topped with these cute little stocking caps?!?! How 'bout a Nightcap? by Julie Tarsha is the pattern I used. SUPER quick knit! I knit 2-at-a-time and finished them in an evening. They would probably have went quicker if I hadn't decided to make the red & white stripe cap. I spent more time untangling yarn than I did knitting. It turned out cute though, so, I think it was worth it!



The next idea is something for the kitchen of your hostess/host.


Start with a dishcloth. Hand-knit or crochet up a quick dishcloth and wrap around your bottle.


 
 
Then just tie it up with a pretty ribbon or cording.
 
Here's a list of a few of my favorite dishcloth patterns (in case you need a new pattern to try):
 
Crochet:
 
Knit:
 
If you feel like you just don't have the "thyme" to whip up a dishcloth or two (you know, with everything ELSE you have to do)....let me just say this.....Craft Bazaars. There's probably one near you. AND. Why not support a local crafter?
 
Okay, that's all I've got for today. I've got some knitting and crocheting waiting for me!
 
Happy gift-giving!
 
Lori
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...