Sunday, June 16, 2013

First Shawl.....EVER!


My Citron Shawlette is FINALLY finished!
I began this shawl in January 2012 as a KAL/CAL for JCCF. I'm not really sure how I feel about the yarn I used, ( Vanna's Glamour) but, it's what I had on hand. I do LOVE the sparkle to it, however!



This was the first shawl I had ever knit. It started out pretty easy (here's the post when I first started). The unfortunate part (for me, at least) is that the rows get LONGER as you go. AND I MEAN LONGER. That last ruffle section there are 540 stitches in it. Remember the part where I yacked on about adding a 6th section to make the shawl longer. YEAH! That never happened! I would have never had enough yarn (let alone PATIENCE) to get that to happen.

So, what got me motivated to finish this shawl? ANOTHER shawl KAL. This time for the Simply Notable group. It's a "choose your own project" KAL. So, the project I chose was the Priory shawl. A friend had gifted me this lovely shawl pattern (I hope I can do it justice). The nice thing about this pattern is....it's worked from the bottom up. That means the rows get SHORTER as you work up the shawl. I'm hoping that will make a difference for me! The yarn I chose was also a gift from a swap friend. Here's a picture of the progress so far:


This will be my first "real" lace project. Soon (I hope), I'll be able to post the finished project. The KAL ends June 30th....CAN I MAKE IT?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...