Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy St. Patrick's Day! Even though the weatherman predicted the snow for today (he's been saying that ALL winter).....we had been having pretty nice temperatures all of last week (65-70F daytime temps). Needless to say, I was kind of shocked to see this today.

I had plans to plant potatoes for St. Patrick's day.....


Doesn't look like that will be happening today. The predicted nighttime temps for the upcoming week will make the soil too cold, so the potatoes will have to wait.

So, instead I decided to look for signs of green around the farm this morning as I did my chores. Here's what I found (and I apologize to all of you still looking at mountains of snow):


Daffodils poking up from the ground.




Sprigs of green grass peeking through the snow.


Iris sprouts.


Grape Hyacinth leaves.


Major eating a bit of  (green) hay for breakfast.

I tried to get a picture of the first hummingbird (and his green throat), but the light wasn't good enough. Well, there you have it.....a bit of green for St. Patrick's day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...