Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Dishcloth Distraction



I did not do one single, solitary stitch on the wedding afghan in August. This would have shot the whole block goal apart if it weren't for the fact that in July, I sort of overcompensated block-wise (and apparently that never made a blog post, who knew). I'm down to  just 4 12-inch blocks and 7 (or was that 8?) 6-inch blocks.

If you're asking yourself, what on earth does the wedding afghan have to do with dishcloths? I'm here to tell you it has everything to do with dishcloths. Since I felt like I made a huge amount of progress in July, I rationalized that I could basically take August off from working on the afghan.


I started the month off working on The Almost Lost Washcloth by Julie Tarsha. This has to be one of my all time favorites now. Even as slow as I knit, I can turn out one of these in about an hour and a half!

It didn't stop there though. The Simply Notable Group was doing a dishcloth contest where the winner would receive all the dishcloths knitted/crocheted for the month. So, I chose this Star Dishcloth to crochet up.


I made two for the contest. Aren't they fun?

Then, because I was hooked on dishcloths and my niece's birthday was coming up. I made one of each of these dishcloths in pink to go with a pretty stemmed glass dish that had been her grandmother's.






I thought I was pretty much done with dishcloths, but then......Simply Notable released the Mini Almost Lost Washcloth. Well, I had to make one of those also in pink.....


If you thought I was done with dishcloths for awhile.....Nope! September is dishcloth diva month again. I'm sort of torn between these Tartan Plaid Wash Cloths and the Fiesta Dishcloths. I just can't decide. Maybe I'll make both! I will need to get back to work again on the afghan, too. Come May, I don't want to be stitching on that afghan on the way to the wedding......

Happy Dishcloths!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...