Wednesday, April 8, 2015

April Block of the Month at JCCF



 
 
I spent this past weekend sewing up the prize for the JCCF April Block/Color of the month. It's a crochet hook roll. The pattern I (loosely) used was this one  from Today We Made. I wanted something "Springy", so, I rummaged through my quilting fabrics and found these cute blue check and floral fabrics.
 

 
 
 
I think I liked how it came out. I didn't quite like the ties on the original pattern, so, I converted it to a button/loop closure. I'm still kind of on the fence about how  I feel about this closure, but, it's growing on me.....
 
 
 
 
If you're a crocheter, and would like a chance at winning this little hook roll, it's pretty easy. Just be willing to crochet up a 12-inch block to send to JCCF. This month our Color of the Month is yellow. Try to incorporate that color into your block (any 12-inch block you choose). Make your block out of  100% acrylic or a washable (superwash) wool. Post a photo (and a link to the pattern you used) in April 2015 Block of the Month Thread. Then, of course, mail your block to JCCF so Wendy can sew the blocks into a BEAUTIFUL blanket to be sent to an injured rodeo athlete for comfort during their healing process.
 
 
I hope you'll join us in crocheting a block for JCCF!
 
Happy crocheting!
 
 
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...