Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy July 4th, 2015


I wanted to pop in and wish everyone a fun and SAFE 4th of July! And. Because it's the 4th, once again, sharing my red, white and blue project bag. A prize for someone who crochets a 12-inch block for JCCF. For more details, see this post.

Also.....I had such fun participating in Tour de Loop last year, so.....I thought I'd do it again this year! I really challenged myself to get (at least) an hour of crocheting in every day. BUT. You can do any "Loopy"  craft you can think of. Knitting, crocheting, embroidery, locker hooking, tatting, etc. It's amazing how much you can get done if you just commit to one hour a day! It starts today and if this sounds like something that would appeal to you, hop on over to the Fresh Stitches Group. Find the Tour de Loop thread and join us!


One of the things I am bound and determined to complete during the Tour de Loop is this ZickZack Scarf. I am SO close to finishing this! Just 12 more inches to go x 8 rows to the inch = 96 more rows. YIKES! I remember again what I dislike about scarves.......they take FOREVER!



And. Being that I recently completed this alpaca cowl, I decided I should also cast-on this
Among the Wildflowers Cowl (progress photos to follow later), because it's SO. DARN. CUTE.  It also will fill my Christmas knitting projects quite nicely. I figure if I devote (at least) a half hour to each project, I should easily finish both projects by the 26th (last day of Tour de Loop). Well, that's my goal anyway.....we'll see how it pans out for me!

So, what are your goals for July? Finishing some WIPs? Start on your Christmas gifts? Whatever they are be sure to stay cool and stay safe!

Happy July 4th!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...