Thursday, August 1, 2013

July Block of the Month CAL for JCCF

Over at Justin Cowboy Crisis Fund (JCCF) we've been hard at work crocheting blocks to make blankets for injured rodeo cowboys/cowgirls in our first Block of the Month Crochet-a-long (CAL). July's block actually ended in a tie. That means there were TWO blocks to choose from to crochet.



One block was Butterfly Garden Square by Chris Simon. This picture does NOT do it justice. My husband had the camera and I was forced to use my cell phone. This is NEVER a good option for me! It truly is a lovely block. Not nearly as complicated as it looks either. If you crochet at all, you should think about making this block. If you don't have a project in mind, you could always donate the block to JCCF.


Our second block was the Double Treble Burst Square by Amelia Beebe. I've done this square before and just LOVE it! I decided to make this square in a solid color.

 

Another fun square to make! Not hard either. It's basically a Granny square with a front post Treble crochet added. So, if you want to make some fabulous crochet squares join us over at JCCF. We just announced the August Block of the Month (CAL)......it's the Remember Me Square by Melinda Miller. I've done quite a few of Melinda's squares, but not this one yet. I'm looking forward to it! Maybe you'd like to join the fun?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...