Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies


I did a little more fall baking! Yum! I still had some canned pumpkin left over from the Pumpkin Cranberry Bread. What should I do with it? I had a craving for Oatmeal cookies.......H-m-m-m-m-m.....

I decided to tweak one of my favorite cookie recipes to see what I'd get. Here's what I ended up with. Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies! YUM!



Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup cooked, mashed pumpkin
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3-1/4 cup flour
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 cups whole oats
1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup flake coconut
1 cup dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 350F.  Cream together sugars, shortening, pumpkin & eggs.


Add milk & vanilla. Beat until blended.


Add combined dry ingredients. Mix well.


Add whole oats, chocolate chips (I used white AND semi-sweet - use your favorites), coconut & dried cranberries. Mix well.


Drop by mounded Tbsp. onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes (until golden) before removing from cookie sheets to cool completely.


The PERFECT cookie for fall! Enjoy!

Happy Baking!

Printable Recipe

1 comment:

  1. Oh those look yummy! Makes me want to jump out of this bed and make a batch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...