Monday, May 25, 2015

Easy to Grow Perennials - Lamium


My garden is really starting to bloom. While I'm enjoying the blooms something occurred to me.....I have been neglectful about sharing my "Easy to Grow Perennials" list. I had actually started this list a few years back. Then, I must have gotten busy (or gotten involved in something else, who knows.....) But, I got to thinking, since it's planting season (at least it's planting season here in eastern Oregon), maybe someone would be interested in the plants I find SUPER easy to grow.



So, here is another one of my favorites. Lamium....also known as Dead Nettle. This is a real beauty with it's variegated foliage. The blooms can be in shades of pink, lavenders, and white. I think this lavender variety might be my favorite. I wish I could tell you the variety name. It might be "Red Nancy"? (Note to self.....save those plant markers!) Put your Lamium in an afternoon shaded area (the foliage tends to burn in a hot, afternoon sunny area) and let it do it's magic.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe Memorial Day. And. If you have a need to plant something today, think about Lamium!

Happy Memorial Day!

Lori

I hope everyon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...