Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Just Checkin' In


I thought I should check in and let you all know what I've been up to. Mostly, the entire month of May, I've been up to my eyeballs in plants (at work , that is). May is SUPER busy with buying plants, unloading plants, selling plants AND figuring out ways to keep the (thousands of) plants from freezing when we have cold nights. It's EXHAUSTING! Needless to say, there hasn't been much knitting or crocheting (or sewing, or, well, basically anything creative......) going on.

I'm not saying there hasn't been ANY knitting. There has been a little progress on the ZickZack Scarf. I don't know what it is about this project, but it's been the perfect "I'll just knit a few rows" project. The pattern repeat is easy to remember and since I'm using leftover sock yarn (and mini skeins), it has just enough color changing to hold my interest (this can be a HUGE problem for me.....probably the main reason I can't commit to a sweater.....this post should explain what I mean). AND. I'm using up my stash! How great is that?!?!

So, for now, I'm just going to happily knit along on this scarf. At least until June 1st. Then. I'm going to really get my projects in gear for some holiday gift knitting along with the Simply Notable Group (I don't care how many times I say I'm going to start gift giving projects in January.....it NEVER happens!). So, if you feel like you want to get a jump on your holiday knitting/crocheting, maybe you should join us there and get inspired!

Happy knitting!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...