Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Block of the Month Prize Package for JCCF


I have to admit, I had a hard time coming up with a prize package for JCCF's August Block/Color of the Month. Then. I decided to make a couple of packages,  that might benefit JCCF's future projects.

So. Here's what I came up with......Crochet hooks, size H, I, &J (and I know there are some who knit blocks, but most crochet.....). A Granny square project book (because, shouldn't everyone know how to crochet a granny square?) and some pink variegated yarn called Ice Cream from Lion Brand. Why pink? You ask. Well, October and pink squares for JCCF (and breast cancer awareness) is just around the corner and I want to get some pink yarn in the hands of some folks who will make some FANTASTIC 12-inch blocks for October's JCCF pink blocks. That seems fair, right?

So here are the details of how YOU can win this package.....
  1. Knit or crochet a 12-inch (100% acrylic or washable wool using August's color of the month of burnt orange) square that you will donate to JCCF. (this will also apply to September's block/color of the month....I bought TWO packages!)
  2. Post a photo of your finished 12-inch block in August's Block/Color of the Month Thread (same scenario when September rolls around).
That's it! You're qualified! At the end of the month, I will put all participant's names into a hat (literally) and draw the lucky winner. I'm hoping you will be inspired to knit or crochet a 12-inch block (or two) from your pink yarn. But. You wouldn't have to if you didn't want....it's up to you!

Anybody interested in winning pink yarn/making blocks for JCCF?

Happy knitting/crocheting!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...