Sunday, August 23, 2015

I'm Not Getting Much Knitting Done....


I haven't mentioned any knitting projects for quite awhile now. I have been doing some knitting. Although, it is pretty limited. Right now, I'm working on this Crazy Magic Cowl by Susan Ashcroft. I've been knitting it in Lionbrand's  self-striping yarn - Amazing.

It's been an enjoyable knit. An easy to remember chevron/wave stitch pattern. Because I've been pretty busy with pickling/canning/freezing/dehydrating, I don't seem to be making much progress on the cowl.


My pantry shelves and freezer are starting to fill up though. That's a good feeling! So far, I've put-up the following:
  1. Pickled Peppers- Won't these be a yummy treat or ingredient for soups/stews this winter?!?!
  2. Spicy Garlic Dills - All I can say here is YUM!
  3. Crushed Tomatoes - This is a staple for many things hubby and I cook in the winter. Chili, spaghetti sauce, soups, casseroles, etc.
  4. Frozen Zucchini- A winter baking staple around our house!
  5. Frozen Blackberries- Everything from jams and jellies (I prefer to can these in the fall and winter) to yummy baked goods like muffins and cobblers!
  6. Frozen Corn - Great as a vegetable with your meal, but also in soups, stews, pot pies, casseroles....you know, all those "comfort foods"! I'd also like to try corn chowder this fall/winter. Just because it SOUNDS so good! If anyone knows of a FANTASTIC corn chowder recipe, let me know please!
  7. Preserving Herbs - Summer will soon be gone and so will the fresh herbs. I want to make sure I have some flavorful herbs to cook with all winter long!
Being that we're just about to start the last week in August, I know fall is just around the corner. I'm going to keep pickling/canning/freezing/dehydrating while the abundance of produce is with us. Then, I'll be ready for fall/winter knitting with a nice soup or stew bubbling on the stove and something yummy baking in the oven! Oh YEAH! Is it winter yet?!?!?!

Happy Food Preserving!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...