Thursday, October 15, 2015

Starting a Baby Blanket


I mentioned in this post, about making a baby blanket. We recently learned my nephew and his wife (the ones I made this afghan for) are pregnant. Well, actually, SHE'S pregnant. He'll be there for moral support. Immediately after learning the news, I started looking for ideas for baby things. I felt like that's what a crafty Grauntie (since we're not sure if I'll be a great or grand aunt.....) should be doing.

I got the new mom-to-be's approval for the above colors for the baby based on this Aqua and Gray Chevron Nursery. Aren't they good colors for either a boy or girl?!?! I decided I should make a blanket first (since it will probably be the most time-consuming). I have to tell you, I found the perfect blanket.....and for the life of me, I can't find WHERE I pinned the link to the pattern! I remember what it looks like and think I can duplicate it without a pattern. That's funny, don't you think? If you've read any of my posts about projects where I just wing it and the epic fail that usually results......well then, you know.....go ahead and laugh!


Here's my start.....a few aqua, gray and white granny squares. I wish I could show you more, but since it's a surprise and the internet being what it is....with the possibility of someone stumbling onto this post....I'm just putting out sneak peaks until the blanket has been gifted. Does that make sense?

If you know me very well at all....that could be awhile. But. I should tell you this is turning out to be a very good project!

How are your projects coming along? Any baby items on your hooks or needles?

Happy Crocheting!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...