Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year......A New Start!



Happy New Year everyone! It's a new year and a new start. That's right! Time to try something new! No matter what your favorite craft is (or maybe you want to try a NEW craft), there's always something to learn. 


For me, this year it was socks. Okay, actually, I began knitting them on December 25th. The point is, I had to learn some techniques to get started.
  1. Magic Loop- I just CANNOT get the hang of DPN's. No matter HOW hard I try!
  2. Two-at a Time-This technique was KEY for me. If I didn't do two-at-a time, I would NEVER get that second sock finished......just sayin'!
  3. Toe-up- I used Judy's Magic cast-on.
  4. After-thought heel- The idea behind this technique just makes SO much sense to me!
So, how do YOU get started on your goals for 2013? I've got a few tips for ya!
  1. Join a KAL/CAL- Ravelry probably has one for whatever your knitting/crocheting goal is! O their groups page, type whatever you're looking for in the search bar. It'll pop up groups for you to join. There you'll find wonderful people to help you along your way.
  2. Take a class- Craftsy has classes for all sorts of things. Knitting, crocheting, sewing, quilting, jewelry making, cooking, baking, cake decorating......the list is ENDLESS!
  3. Check out all the resources on the Internet......You-tube, Pinterest, blogs, tutorials, websites....AGAIN, the list is ENDLESS! One warning here, though.....you can REALLY get sucked into the Internet, spending hours searching that COULD be used crafting!
So, let's make 2013 the year of getting some stuff done! I'm right here with ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...