Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mini Skein Goals


I have to admit, until I joined the Simply Notable group on Ravelry, I had never even HEARD of mini skeins. I know, WHERE have I been? Now, though, I just LOVE them!


They are just SO-O-O-O-O-O darn cute!


The mini skeins usually have about 15 to 25 yards of yarn, so they are perfect for small projects (and swapping).
At the Simply Notable group we're setting monthly goals to use up our mini skeins.
Here's my goals:


 
 
African Flowers- I used a 3.25mm hook with the sock weight mini skeins to crochet up the flowers. I plan on making at least 4 of these flowers per month. I could make a blanket with these, but maybe.....this little pincushion, or.....this cute bag, or.....this flower purse, or, last, but not least......Lollo Bear. Isn't he just the cutest?
 
 
 
It's the Balm Sock- These are super quick to knit up and they make GREAT little gifts. I usually knit these 2-at-a-time and my goal is to knit 2 per month.
 
 
Pint-Sized Pines- These are so fun to knit up and will really dress up a bottle of wine for Christmas gifts! My goal is to knit at least 1 per month.
 
 
Love Hearts- Knit in one piece, they're fast! I'll fill with lavender for sachets or rice for hand warmers. They should also make nice gifts. My goal is to knit at least 1 per month.
 
That's my mini skein goals. What are yours? If you need to find the perfect pattern, Ravelry's pattern search is a great way to find just what you're looking for. Here's a sample of a search using knit & crochet, fingering weight yarn, 0 to 150 yards filters. Lots of great stuff, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...