Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Rainy, Blustery Fall Day


The weather was like this today. Actually, it was worse than this. I just didn't go out when it was pouring down rain or when the wind was gusting. I had a whole list of garden chores I wanted to get done. Irises to divide. A tree that needed planting. Weeding. Cleaning up the vegetable garden. Oh well! It seemed like a good day to stay in and get some inside stuff done!

I started out by baking some biscuits (nothing fancy, just the ones in a can). Then, I assembled some breakfast sandwiches.


Wrapped them individually in plastic wrap, then into freezer bags to go into the freezer.



These will be quick, on-the-go breakfasts for October. October is my CRAZY month at work (inventory). I'll really appreciate having these!

I also had this Slow-Cooker Plum Butter that I had started yesterday. It needed to get put into jars and canned.


Since it was the perfect day for it.....it got done!


Yum!

I also had this clearance sock yarn I had bought with the intention of overdyeing.


It took me forever to make a decision what color to use. I finally decided on Wilton's Violet food coloring. Into the (dyeing) Crockpot it went.


Though it's still not dry, I really like how it came out!



I also worked a bit on a tutorial I've got in the works. Hopefully, I'll get that posted soon!
Got quite a bit done on this rainy, blustery fall day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...