Monday, December 16, 2013

Cranberry Bog Bark



I thought I'd share one of my favorite quick-to-make holiday candy recipes. I got this recipe from a co-worker YEARS ago and I make it every year around the holidays. It is SO YUMMY!




It's such a nice addition to any holiday cookie platter and makes a fabulous gift, too! Here it is. You know without all the fancy step by step pictures that should accompany  the recipe. Sorry. I've been pretty busy this year and I'm LUCKY to get a post up. Just sayin'.....



Cranberry Bog Bark

1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
2 cups chopped pecans
1-1/2 lbs vanilla almond bark (chocolate is good too, if you prefer)

Steam cranberries over boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn cranberries out onto paper towels and blot dry. Melt almond bark in microwave or double-boiler. Stir cranberries and chopped nuts into almond bark. Spread mixture out onto a cookie sheet covered with buttered foil. Chill in refrigerator at least 30 minutes or until set. Break into 2-inch pieces.


Printable Recipe

I hope you enjoy your cranberry Bog bark!

Happy Christmas candy-making!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...