Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Casting on for 2014


How's everyone's 2014 starting out? I started a new knitting project. It's the scarf pattern Get to the Point. It was originally published in the January 2011 edition of  Creative Knitting.  Over at the Simply Notable Group we're trying to knit/crochet up some of our neglected patterns. That is, patterns we've purchased that we just haven't gotten around to knitting up. Most of my purchased patterns are in book/magazine form that I seem to accumulate.

I'm using Lion Brand Yarn's Amazing yarn. I had purchased a few skeins last year on clearance and this looked like a good project for a few of them.  The pattern actually calls for a fingering weight yarn. Even though Amazing is listed as a worsted weight - it's a thin worsted and I think the colors in this yarn will be.....well, Amazing! I hope the yarn won't be too heavy, but it seems to be knitting up pretty good so far.


I made about 3 inches of progress so far this morning. That's quite a ways from the 70 inches of the finished scarf! It's a start though and I'm happy with the results so far. Are you starting any new knitting projects for the new year?

Happy Knitting!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...