Thursday, April 3, 2014

Scrappy Hats



I recently mentioned this Scrappy Self- Striping Yarn  and now I'm going to show you what I knit from it.......



These Hats! Aren't they fun? I knit them using my Favorite Beanie Recipe.



I had been wanting to try out this Blender Recipe, so, the first hat I knit....that's what I did. I cast-on using the scrappy self-striping yarn and knit a couple of rows of the ribbing with it. Then I stash-dived and knit a row (or two, or three- that was the fun part of this method) with that yarn. Basically, alternating rows with the two yarns. When I thought I needed a new color to be introduced, I would Russian join ( I LOVE this method!) to the stash yarn (kind of joining-as-you-go) and keep on knitting.


Hat #1 was so much fun, I thought I would try adding some simple colorwork patterns into the second hat similar to the method Carrie used to make those GORGEOUS socks! Very similar to what I did for hat #1, I kept the self-striping yarn for the main color and the "join-as-you-go" yarn as my contrast.

I enjoyed the process of these two hats SO much! I can see MANY more scrappy hats (mitts, cowls. scarves, shawls, MAYBE even SOCKS)!!!!! If you've got odds and ends of yarn (and if you knit, you KNOW you do), I highly recommend trying out this scrappy knitting!

Happy Stash-diving!

Lori

3 comments:

  1. Well, that's very inventive! I have lots of end of yarn. I even keep those that are 1 foot long. One never know when they may come handy. ;-)
    My boys love wearing fingerless gloves and I think that using your method would make wonderful gloves. Thank you for sharing this creative method!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I hope you will try this method for fingerless gloves, I bet they will look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I'd love to see you join link up with us at the Inspire Us Thursdays! link party at www.theinspiredwren.com.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...