Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring Blooms

 
A few blooms have started showing up in my garden.
 
Daffodils....
 



Dutch Iris....



Grape Hyacinths.....



And one lonely crocus,,,,,,



Among MANY weeds!

I've been enjoying the blooms so much. If you look closely at the grape hyacinths, you'll notice the deer have been enjoying the foliage. They must not like the blooms, but they DO like the leaves!

I thought I would also share my latest crochet project.....



More African Flowers. Using the tutorial from Heidi Bears. I've made these flowers before out of sock yarn (see this post). This time, I thought I'd use up some cotton odds and ends. Then, it occurred to me.....I didn't have enough YUMMY colors. SO, I had to go SHOPPING for yarn!!!!

Here's some of the yumminess I found.....


Aren't they scrumptious!?!?!

I really should be working on the wedding afghan. These African Flowers have distracted me though. The colors are so bright and Springy! I'm not even sure what I will do with them. At this stage, they'd make nice little coasters.....


Maybe if I added a few more rounds, they'd make a cute potholder similar to the ones in this post.
Or any of the projects in this search using African Flowers.  Or maybe even this search using Hexagons. (editor's note; the search only seems to work if you're already logged into Ravelry -don't ask me why.....) For now though, they're just fun to crochet up! Isn't that the point of craft projects?
What are you crafting for Spring?

Happy Crocheting!

Lori

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors of your pretty crocheted circles!

    Thanks so much for sharing your creativity on Show-Licious Craft & Recipe Party! Please join us again this Saturday morning at 8:00 am EST! ;)

    ~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...