Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Waves of Grain Hat (update)

 
 
It's come to my attention that one of my free patterns is no longer available on Dropbox (the site I used to store my PDF's). AND. Actually after checking, NONE of my free patterns are available on Dropbox. Why? No one knows. Actually, to be accurate, someone probably knows, but it isn't me.....
 

So-o-o-o-o-o.......I'm going to fix this. The best way I know to fix it is to just write the pattern in blog form. I'll also provide you with the link of Print Friendly I use to make a printable page or PDF. You'll have to copy and paste the URL into the space that says "enter a URL". Then go to "print preview". From there, you can also click on "PDF" if you want to have a PDF. I'm SO sorry for any inconvenience this might cause anyone.


 
Waves of Grain Hat
by Lori A. Smith 
 
When designing this hat, I converted a flat stitch pattern called  "waves" to an "in the round" pattern. The stitches reminded me of grain seed heads. Hence, the name "Waves of Grain"
Finished Measurements:
18" around x 8"long - fits an average size head

Materials:
130 yards of Worsted weight yarn (self-striping or solid)
Size 6 circular needles (or double point needles) or size needle to get gauge.

Abbreviations:
k2tog - knit 2 sts together. ssk - slip, slip, knit 2 sts together. yo - yarn over. rnd - round

Gauge:
1-1/2 sts to the inch in pattern stitch

Directions:
CO 90 sts. Join in the round without twisting. K1. P1 rob for 4 rounds.

Begin Waves of Grain stitch (multiple of 18x6 rnds):
Rnds 1-4: Knit.
Rnd 5: *(P2tog) 3 times, (K1, yo) 6 times, (P2tog) 3 times. Place marker; repeat around.
Rnd 6: Knit

Repeat these 6 rnds for 5-1/2" (or desired length before decreases) ending with rnd 6.

Decreases:
Rnds 1 & 3: *(K2tog, knit to 2 sts before marker, ssk, slip marker); repeat around.
Rnds 2 & 4: Knit.
Rnd 5: (P2tog) 2 times, k2, yo, k1, yo, k1, yo, k2, (p2tog) 2 times: repeat around.
Rnd 6, 8 & 10: Knit.
Rnds 7 & 9: *(K2tog, knit to 2 sts before marker, ssk, slip marker); repeat around.
Rnd 11: *(P2tog, k2, yo, k1, yo, k2).
Rnds 12, 14 & 16: Knit.
Rnds 13 & 15: *(K2tog, knit to 2 sts before marker, ssk, slip marker); repeat around.
Rnds 17 & 18: K2tog until 7 sts remain. With darning needle, thread yarn tail through these 7 sts. Pull up tightly. Secure to wrong side. Weave in ends. Block. Enjoy!

Copyright 2013, Lori A. Smith (updated 7/7/15)
Objects knit from this design may be used as you wish. Just do me a favor, please credit me for the design.

Happy Knitting!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...