Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Diet Update


It hasn't been quite a week since I started the No Flour No Sugar Diet and while I had kind of a rough start.....
  • Day one - ate a donut that a co-worker offered me. About 3 hours after my "starting" the diet. Wow! What willpower I have!
  • Day two - Went to a friend's Birthday party and consumed wine AND chocolate ice cream cake.
I'm back on track now though. I CAN do this! I've learned some things about food since starting this diet (maybe more than I wanted to know). The first thing I learned, I actually like PLAIN Greek yogurt (okay, with fruit AND slivered almonds).


I've always eaten SWEETENED yogurt. Like the Slow-cooker yogurt I make and sweeten with honey (If you decide to try the slow-cooker yogurt and you want the Greek yogurt consistency, you'll have to strain the liquid until you get the thicker consistency).

The second thing I learned (and all my research warned about this) is all the "hidden" sugar in the processed foods we eat. I've read more labels in the last few days than I have in my life (I know, terrible, right?).



My GREAT discovery though is the store-brand orange juice is 100% orange juice concentrate! NO added sugar! AWESOME! At least for me. I can drink water, but, it's not really my favorite. I'll keep the orange juice to a minimum, but at least I have another option. Great for a little crochet break. By the way, the block I'm working on currently is Posie Field. It's a "concentration" type square, but it's coming along well so far.

That's how the diet is coming along so far. Anyone joining me? How are you doing?

Happy dieting and crocheting!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...