Sunday, July 6, 2014

How Does Your Garden Grow?


Can anyone else believe it's already July?!?!I thought I would share some photos of some of my favorite things growing in my gardens. The first is this Allium that I planted last fall.






It's been SO BEAUTIFUL! It reminds me of fireworks. I've enjoyed it so much, I'm planning on planting more next fall (which won't be long now)


The Irises are done blooming, but they were FANTASTIC this year. Usually I get one or two blooms per plant, but look at all those blooms!


The Wave petunias have been so pretty spilling down over the rock borders. So far, the deer haven't found them (fingers crossed here). I would like to think it's the blood meal I sprinkled around them, but it's probably not. Whatever it is, I'm  SO glad!

Then, there is the vegetable garden.....


Potatoes (planted in an old stock tank) growing like crazy. I swear they grow 6 inches a day! Okay, that's an exaggeration.....




Red and green cabbage. Aren't they beautiful?



Snow Peas. Tried to get a close-up of some of the peas, but the photo was pretty blurry....


And, by blurry, I mean worse than the photo of this tomato!

My favorite are these strawberries....



harvested this morning from the garden. First time I've EVER harvested strawberries out of the garden. Usually something (I blame chipmunks) eat them. I think the barn cats (and their kittens.....don't ask.....) I brought home last fall, might have something to do with this.


GOOD kitties! I'm planning on putting those strawberries to good use. I'm thinking of mixing them into a banana nut bread. Doesn't that sound yummy? Hope your garden is growing well this summer.

Happy gardening!

Lori


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...