Sunday, July 13, 2014

No Flour No Sugar Diet

Clear back in December 2013, I babbled on about how I planned to eat less sugar/junk and eating more whole grains/fruits/veggies for 2014. When you read it, you can tell I wasn't really motivated to make any real changes in my diet.
Unfortunately, this has been a 50+ year old problem for me. I've really never dieted. I could usually just ramp up my activity level and the pounds would come off. The last decade or so, that hasn't been the case. I keep having to buy/sew larger sizes to get clothes to fit. AND. I'm SICK of it!

What's a girl to do? Apparently, if increasing activity isn't enough, I'm going to have to change my diet. So.....I started looking at different diets. A lot of people I know are doing the Paleo Diet. It seemed to have whole food groups that were off limits. Dairy, legumes, and grains. I know me. If I'm going to be even REMOTELY successful at a diet, I'm probably not going to be able to give up dairy. OR beans/peas. OR grains. I'm not saying it's a bad diet, just doesn't seem like a good fit for me.

So, I kept looking. After quite a bit of research (okay, about a week's worth of research), I've decided I'm going to try the No Flour No Sugar Diet. Even though I will still have to cut out some of my FAVORITE things (bread, pasta, all SORTS of sweets). There still seems to be MANY things I can eat. AND. None of the counting/weighing nonsense that I won't follow anyway. I told you, I know me.

We'll see how it goes for me. Wish me luck. Or better yet, join me and we'll diet together!

Happy dieting!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...