Tuesday, February 24, 2015

I'm in Love with my Walking Foot!


After the whole buttonhole episode, I was relieved to cut out some t-shirts and do a little sewing with knits! I've been following The Seasoned Homemaker's Sewing with Knits series hoping to pick up a few tips.

Man! Did I find a GREAT one! Using a walking foot for sewing your knit seams. AWESOME! I would have never thought to do this. The only thing I had ever used a walking foot for was.....sewing velvet and quilting. But. I think I'll be using it much more now! Especially for knits! So glad my machine came with this foot (It's now redeemed itself from the not-so-user-friendly buttonhole feature).


Not the greatest photo (are you surprised by this?), but look how smooth this front seam is! A big Thank-You to Leslie for sharing this tip!

Happy Sewing!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...