Monday, June 15, 2015

Gift #1 is Finished!



Well, if you remember (or if you never knew), I've been participating in a "Gift-a-long" over at the Simply Notable Group.

I've finished gift #1! I had some trouble getting started with the Bandana Cowl. Well, Basically, I couldn't understand the instructions. Actually, let me re-state that, For some unkown reason, I ASSUMED that the cowl would be worked from the top-down. So......the instructions didn't make any sense. That's when I decided to "wing-it" . Which wasn't really working out all that great. Once Tonya pointed out the cowl was worked from the BOTTOM UP....it all made perfect sense! Sometimes you need a little help from your friends! A BIG Thank-you to Tonya!

The cowl turned out a bit snug. Note to self....use the correct size needles AND holding 2 strands of light fingering yarn together does NOT make it a Bulky yarn. It's wearable (but probably not for the intended recipient). I even tried to stretch it a bit when blocking. I really thought that would work with the Alpaca yarn since it isn't supposed to have good memory. For a yarn with not good memory, it sure sprang back to the original shape!

I've started another cowl. But. Bigger this time. And.  A different pattern. Actually, not really a pattern as it is a stitch from the stitch dictionary. I have to tell you, Working with the Alpaca yarn is a DREAM! SO soft! Well, I hope you've had a chance to start some of your gift knitting (or other crafting). If not, you should think about joining us over at Simply Notable and get started!

Happy Knitting!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...